Rosso Conero Festival




On the first weekend of September the town of Camerano becomes the capital of Rosso Conero, a peculiar red wine produced only in the area surrounding the Mount Conero.

Food stalls, shows, concerts, local specialties and craft markets, the town of Camerano gets ready to host, glass in hand, the numerous visitors coming to celebrate this unique wine,  excellence  and pride of the Region Marche.

You can engage in a variety of unusual activities like crushing grapes with your feet, playing the Morra game with your hands and don't forget a guided and refreshing  (the temperature inside is  about 14 C°) tour of the underground town.

Rosso Conero wine
The Rosso Conero wine comes mainly from Montepulciano  grapes (85%), the remaining part (15%) from Sangiovese grapes.

The colour is a deep ruby red with purple undertones, aromas of wild cherry, plum, forest fruits, licorice and tobacco. It is a particularly fruity wine which matches meat dishes like roasts and game birds.

DOC wine since 1967, in 2004 the Rosso Conero gains the DOCG denomination for its "Riserva" version. The production area is limited to the Conero Riviera territories: Ancona, Sirolo, Numana, Camerano, Offagna, and part of Osimo and Castelfidardo.

More info:
Tourist Information Offices - IAT
Via Maratti, 37
Tel.071.7304018 -

Pro Loco - Carlo Maratti
Via San Francesco, 28
Tel./Fax +39 071 731460

Copyright © RivieradelConero.TV
All rights reserved.
Project by Qbico Qbico.